|12 Hour Shield||1 Day Shield||3 Days Shield|
What are Shields?
- Shields are a period of temporary safety from enemy attacks. While under the protection of the shield, other players will not be able to attack your village. At the start of the game, each player begins with a 3-day shield; after that shield expires, additional shields are gained in one of two ways:
- Attacking in the Single Player Campaign does not remove your shield.
- Upon being successfully raided, you will be granted a temporary shield from attacks. This is to prevent farming and rapid loss of Trophies and/or Resources. When 40% of your village or your Town Hall is destroyed in a raid, you will get a 12-hour shield.
- Note that you do not necessarily have to lose a battle to gain a shield; if your opponent destroys between 40% and 49% of your village without destroying your Town Hall, you will gain a shield as well as a defensive victory.
- When you start playing the game you get a free 3-day shield, which you should use to get started.
- If you choose, there is an option to buy shields from the shop for Crowns. There are 3 options to choose from. The available options are visually depicted at the top of this page.
- Purchased shields have a cooldown period. This was added to keep from staying shielded indefinitely by continuously buying shields.
- If you purchase a shield while you have one (of any source) currently active, the purchased shield time is added to your current shield time.